Matilda by Roald Dahl

ss_matilda

We have just finished reading ‘Matilda’ by Roald Dahl. What did you think of it?

Write a book review. Start with a summary of the story in your own words, then tell us what YOUR thoughts and opinions are about the book. Did you enjoy it? Would you reccomend it to others? Why/why not? Did you have a favourite part? How many starts would you give the book out of ten? Could the story have been improved in any way?

I look forward to reading your reviews 🙂

29 thoughts on “Matilda by Roald Dahl

1. I think it was a really good movie but we didn’t enjoy it. Out of all the movie and the book we give it 20/30.

At the start of the the movie/book Matilda she was brang up really bad. when she was 6 and a half she asked her dad if she could go to school he said she was only 4.
    One day M.R Worm wood was selling cars and came across a really mean women. She told him she owned a school a to enrol Matlida. He enroled her and went to her first day at school.
    She liked the school until Mrs trunchbull came out and throw someone’s pink tails into the garden.
    as soon as she got into the class she meet her teacher Miss Honey. Matilda was delighted to have Miss honey to be her teacher.One day Mrs trunchbull called a school assembaly. She call little bruice to come on the stage. She made him eat a big chocolate cake. He ate it all but at the end Mrs trunchbull smached the plate than bruce was eating from.The whole assembaly had to stay back for 5 hours.
    She got home and saw two police man waiting out side to catch her dad for selling stolen car parts.
    The next day Mrs trunchbull went into Mr Wormwood’s house and told him the was broken when she brought it.
    Few days later Miss Honey and Matilda sneaked into Mrs Trunchbull’s house. She came home and heard them.

2. IN my opionin i think matilda is a very good book and roald dahl has done a good job writing this story i like matilda because its exciting and it is full of action my favourite part was when matilda put glue on mr wormwoods hat and it got stuck on his head i would reccomend it to someone else because it is a cool book and it is funny i will rate it a 10 because it is a wonderful book

3. in my opinion i like Matilda because i like Roald Dahl books cause there are funny and he’s book are wonderful my favorite part was Matilda writing on the bord and scaring Miss trunchbull

4. In my opinion i love the book matilda becaues Roald Dahl puts lots of similys to paint a picture in your head my favorite was when violent put the nute in miss trunchbulls water

5. In my perspective Matida is an awesome book because Roald Dahl always puts in similys in his books.
    Matida is about Matilda getting the better of her parents Mr. and Mrs Wormwood and her Headmistress Miss Agatha Trunchbull once she grabed a girl by the hair and threw her over the fence into a flower garden.

Mr and Mrs Wormwood always are mean to her so Matilda desides to pay Mr Wormwood back by putting superglue into his hat and using his Mothers hair di to make him blond.
    From my perspective Roald Dahl is the best book writer in the world!

6. I believe Matilda is an AWESOME book because of all of the desciption Roald Dahl used so I give it a 10/10 rating. # # # # # # # # # #

Matilda is about and amazing girl with extraordinary talents. Her parents and headmisstress are super mean to her so she uses her powers to trick them.
    Miss Trunchbull, her headmisstress, takes her teacher’s, Miss Honey, house and wages. Matilda tricks Miss Trunchbull into giving Miss Honey everything that belongs to her.

In my opinion, Matilda is Roald Dahl’s BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. If u ask me I adore nd i mean adore the bookn because it does have lots of similys. I love the movie as well as the book, my fav part was when Matilda climed near Agatha’s house.

8. that message i wrote above was a huge mistake. Then i accidently hit the button SUBMINT COMMENT.

9. In my opinion, the book Matilda by Roald Dahl was a really good book. Roald Dahl used a lot of similies so the reader could paint a picture in their mind. My favourite part was when Matilda put the super super glue on Mr. Wormwood’s hat. I also liked when Ms. Trunchball threw the little girl with the pig tails over really really high fence.

By:Wess

10. I love matilda because Ronald dahl used similes and the favorite part was when matilda meet Miss Honey. It was very good and. The other favourite part was when matilda used the super super glue on mr wormwoods hat I laughed at it

11. Matilda is one of the best book and move they are awsome saff matt I really love the book and the move you are the best.

12. Matilda
    In Matilda,Matilda wormwood is a nice little girl…But her family thinks she is a twit and her family are not that nice so to get revenge she does a bunch of tricks. When Matilda goes to Crunchem Hall she meets the a beautiful young lady named miss honey. a lady that has a bale madonna/Mary face…But the headmistrest Mrs.Trunchbull is a mean woman. Matilda realise that she has a power in her eyes of moving objects in the air.
    will she use her magnifisant power wisely. I give it five stars.

13. I like when Roald Dahl use similers.But the moive and the book was not the same some of them were not the same some was not. I think my best part when matilda use her power ws actting like a ghost when matilda use her powers felt like freedom.

14. Hi Matt
    In my opinion i say that its a nice and wonderful book and i have notice that their are lot of thing that are not in the book and the movie i really like them both.

i adore them both i love the movie alott 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

15. Sam on the day u said theres soooo many peaple at K mart you were right i went and it was PACKED /:

16. we dont think it was i went at about 2 or 3 o”clock and there were a lot of peaple buying stuff. If u went at 6 or 7 o’clock then it wont be packed when did you go ?